Floss McCarty’s Raisin Sauce
Every year at Easter, my Mom would make roast ham (gammon) with mashed potatoes and some sort of green vegetable. It sounds a bit dull, but it really wasn’t. Especially when the smoky roasty taste of the ham was enhanced by Mom’s special raisin sauce. And since I met ThermoHubby John and was welcomed into his family, my dear sister-in-law Trina now makes my Mom’s raisin sauce to go with the Christmas gammon joint. Delicious! And so very kind of Trina to include something of my family’s traditions in our new extended family tradition. Thanks, Trina!
- 1 jar of clear apple or quince jelly
- 2 handfuls of raisins or sultanas (about 50 g)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of the Thermomix and melt 5 minutes/90°C/Speed Spoon/Reverse Blade Function.
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and melt over gentle heat, stirring constantly.
- Serve with roast gammon on Christmas day, Easter day, or any time. Leftover sauce can be transformed into a quick chutney to have with leftover turkey or chicken. Just add a tsp or so of your favourite curry powder and mix well. No waste !